Thursday, February 2, 2012

We Love Clifford

I love Clifford the Big Red Dog. It's one of the first books I remember my mother reading to me as a child. This summer I purchased three Clifford hard back books (that had 2 stories in each one) from Kohls as well as a Clifford plush dog for $5 each. I LOVE going to Kohls for their books and stuffed animals. My classroom is full of storybook characters that I have snagged over the years (but I digress). We used the Clifford stories as a springboard for a writing activity. My students filled out this web. I had them write in complete sentences, so it served as a rough draft.
 
When they competed their web, they made a final copy and added a Clifford head and paws. You can get yours here.  I thought they were adoooorable.



What do you guys think? Do you love Clifford too? What was your favorite childhood book?

Heather

6 comments:

Carla said...

I LOVE Clifford too! Around school I am known as the Clifford Lady, LOL! Thank you for sharing!

jacklymartin said...

The activists later enhanced their academic function, taking over another site, a disused office prevent near Luton Road place in the City of Manchester financial section.

oakwood taxis

Brittany said...

I absolutely love this and I had to re-pin it! Thanks for sharing.

A Day in First Grade

Lori said...

So cute! Love Clifford!
Following you now. :)
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

tclark90 said...

I love clifford.And i always have a hard time finding printables.lol.Thanks for sharing.

vicky1970 said...

Hi there,
I just found your blog. It's soo cute. I'm your newest follower. I love Clifford...cute stuff!
Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

Post a Comment